Monday, August 07, 2006

Saturday

Hi,

How was your weekend? Mine was busy.

Saturday was quite the day. Because of the rain and wind on Friday we
didn't feel safe setting up for the yard sale on until Saturday
morning. I was up at 5:30 A.M. getting everything ready. There were
tables to setup, junk, I mean treasures to bring out, clothes to
arrange, things to price. My, my wife and her sister, with the kids
helping of course, worked until the starting time of 7:30 A.M.

I could not believe all the stuff we had. It filled all the tables
with boxes underneath. There were tarps spread out over the lawn
covered with clothes. We had two beds, a big desk, snow blower,
couch, lawn mower, entertainment center, computer stuff, camping
stuff, and more. I could not believe all the stuff that was stuffed
into our house. The kids sold cold water and treats as well.

By 1:00 P.M. it was time to close. We had made around $500.00
dollars. Not a bad morning at all. The sad part was that we still
had 4, yes 4 pickup truck loads to take the the Deseret Industries
after we were done.

I am so glad to get rid of all that stuff.

I took the kids to Cherry Hill after word to get wet, have some fun
and cool off. The kids want to go camping there and I guess it would
be cheaper than a hotel. But, with it being so close, and so crowded,
it seems like it would be funner to camp at home.


1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Matthew O. Smith said...

It was awesome. We had stuff from 3 different familes so we split themoney up but still not bad. Works out to about $80.00 per hour. Now if I could only convince my boss I'm worth that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home