Monday, May 08, 2006

New Scientist Breaking News - Cinnamon spice produces healthier blood

New Scientist Breaking News - Cinnamon spice produces healthier blood: "Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day significantly reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics, a new study has found. The effect, which can be produced even by soaking a cinnamon stick your tea, could also benefit millions of non-diabetics who have blood sugar problem but are unaware of it."

I have been experimenting with Cinnamon and my other meds. For a couple of days it was great, I was even able to get off one of my meds. However, my blood sugar leves went wild, probably due to poor eating and lack of excersize. I am going to try it again once my lood sugar and health stabilize again.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I had gestational diabetes and got permission from my doctor to take a teaspoon of cinnamon every day. Ir worked like a charm! I still had to watch my diet, but my blood sugar had started to get some wild swings. My doctor was starting to talk about needing insulin. After I started the cinnamon, though, my blood sugar stabilized, and I never did have to go on insulin. It was amazing - I was so grateful.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Matthew O. Smith said...

Thanks for your story. I have had others tell me its not just a quack remedy. So glad it worked out for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home