Sunday, March 12, 2006

Affirmations

I am looking into affirmations for both speech topics and weight loss/better health. I found a website that helps understand the topic. Any otheres?

Affirmations
Big Lie. You most likely will need to do an affirmation 400-500 times daily if it is a "big lie" (i.e. your affirmation is "I weigh 132lb" when the scale would reveal 200lb). In the case of a big lie you need to self-hypnotize yourself with the excessive repetition, otherwise the part of you that knows the falsehood will cynically respond "yeah right". This self-hypnosis (or you might call it heavy advertising or brainwashing or overpowering) is absolutely essential for the process to take hold. Once you repeat the affirmation hundreds of times, there is a small part of you that starts to say "perhaps"- it is this shadow of doubt that will allow in new experiences and new behaviors. Suddenly when confronted with an old familiar behavior pattern, you realize that there is another choice available for you.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Chyrene Pendleton said...

I have several posts on the power of affirmations (one of many topics I enjoy teaching) and a radio show interview I did of Michael Losier, author of the book, "Law of Attraction". This interview is a podcast on Blogexplosion and a link to the mp3 of the show is on my blog. His website is at www.lawofattractionbooks.com and he has free teleclasses each month on how to do this successfully. If you are interested, his next teleclass is March 22 at 9 PM EST (his site has more info).

I started doing positive affirmations every day as a child and I haven't stopped. This is one of the ways I literally create each day and my whole reality. I does work. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home